Maria Nikolova T/A TaxAdvise Privacy Notice
TaxAdvise values your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA).
TaxAdvise and including its website www.taxadvise.co.za are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
Who we are:
Established in 2019, TaxAdvise is a professional accounting and tax practice, specialising in South African Tax and Financial Reporting compliance and business advisory for resident and non-resident individuals and corporate entities.
Overview and sharing of your personal information:
We collect personal information, which you disclose directly to us when you engage us to provide you with professional tax and, or accounting services. We share personal information with law enforcement agencies when it’s required by law or to protect you.
The personal information we collect from you to provide our services is supplied voluntarily by you, or collected by us from third-party sources at the request of our clients.
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
• Basic information, such as your name, the company you work for, your position and your relationship to a person
• Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone numbers
• Financial information, such as payment-related information
• Any other personal data relating to you or other third parties which you provide to us for the purpose of receiving our services
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of understanding your requirements, and delivering services accordingly. For this purpose we will collect contact details including your name and organisation.
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
• Other information we collect
We may also collect other information, including personal Information about you, or your use of services that you consent to sending to us, including but not limited to personal information in the course of a submission of an enquiry, including an enquiry pertaining to available vendor and/or service provider opportunities, on our website “Contact” page. The personal information may include your company name, first name, surname, city and / or email address.
How we get the personal information and what we use it for:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
• To provide services to you
• To administer our relationship and maintain contractual relations
• For accounting and tax purposes
• For marketing and business development
• To comply with the legal and regulatory obligations
• To establish, exercise or defend legal rights
• For historical and statistical purposes
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal purposes, enabling us to provide you with an enhanced professional tax and accounting services:
• To gather contact information;
• To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised person for security purposes;
• For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
• To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
• For audit and record keeping purposes;
• In connection with legal proceedings.
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
We may also disclose your information:
• Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
• Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
Collection of Information by “Cookies”
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
• The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
• The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
• The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
• The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
• The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
• The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
We take data protection seriously. We’ve put in place physical and technical safeguards to keep the information we collect secure. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, internet transmission, computer system, or wireless connection is completely secure.
We won’t keep your Personal Information for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This means that unless required to be retained by us by applicable law information will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it’s no longer required by us.
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
• Physical security;
• Computer and network security;
• Access to personal information;
• Secure communications;
• Security in contracting out activities or functions;
• Retention and disposal of information;
• Acceptable usage of personal information;
• Governance and regulatory issues;
• Monitoring access and usage of private information;
• Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to
Your data protection rights:
• You may also request Mrs M Nikolova to correct or supplement any of your personal data which will be undertaken as soon as practicable.
• Request the destruction of your personal data. TaxAdvise will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting us from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Name: Maria Nikolova
Address: 124 Elnita Avenue, Northwold, Johannesburg 2188
Phone Number: 084 605 3388
How to complain:
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017